The purpose of Ambulatory Surgery Center Association’s Advocacy Fund is to collect financial support from stakeholders for building ASC-related advocacy programs to positively affect federal and state legislation and regulation. Giving is a non-PAC way to financially support ASCA’s efforts to reduce the regulatory burden on ASCs and increase ASC market-share, through direct constituent lobbying.
SUPPORT THE ADVOCACY FUND HERE
Where will the money go?
- Expansion/strengthening of Capitol Fly-Ins program and implementation including:
- Hiring professional advocacy trainers, inviting paid speakers, and working with professional US Congressional meeting schedulers to ensure attendees have the best possible experience.
- Supplementing travel and hotel costs to help drive-up participation, and to give ASCA the ability to work with our volunteers so they may be the voice of the association with Congress.
- Expanding ASCA support for advocacy training, membership development, and meeting planning for state associations, including expanding the State Leaders’ Conference.
- Increased ASCA participation in advocacy campaigns through coalition participation, communications, improving internal advocacy tools, and public awareness.
Who decides where the money goes?
The ASCA Government Affairs Committee (a volunteer, Board of Directors selected member body) is responsible for approving the usage of all Advocacy Fund money. ASCA staff make recommendations to the Committee based on the potential impact of allocating funds to projects.
Who may contribute to the Advocacy Fund and is there a limit to how much?
Anyone may contribute money to the ASCA Advocacy Fund, and there is no limit to how much you may give.
How can I support my center through a coordinated advocacy effort, made possible by the ASCA Advocacy Fund?
There are three way to give to the Advocacy Fund:
- Online here.
- By mailing a check made out to, “ASCA Advocacy Fund” to:
ASCA Advocacy Fund
1012 Cameron St
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Contact Danielle Kaster at email@example.com, commit to a contribution and we will work with you to facilitate your support
If you have any questions about the ASCA Advocacy Fund, please contact Danielle Kaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.345.0260.