May 25, 2023
ASCA Announces New Board Members
ASCA members have elected two new members to the association’s Board of Directors:
- Rena Courtay, MBA, BSN, RN, CASC, Assistant Vice President, Perioperative Ambulatory Surgery at Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center-Arringdon
- Todd Currier, CASC, Administrator at Bend Surgery Center
ASCA members have also reelected two incumbent Board members:
- Gary Richberg, MBA, MSN, RN, CMPE, CASC, Administrator at Marion Surgery Center
- David Shapiro, MD, Consultant/Risk Manager at Red Hills Surgical Center
Their terms started at the conclusion of the ASCA 2023 Conference & Expo on May 20.
ASCA Board members serve three-year terms, and ASCA bylaws require that at least one-third of its Board members be physicians. The ASCA members selected to serve on the ASCA Board also serve on the ASCA Foundation Board.
ASCA also recognizes the following Board member who was elected to an officer position on the Board:
- Mark Wainner: Vice President
ASCA Board officers serve two-year terms.