May 2, 2022
ASCA Announces New Board Members and Officers
ASCA members have elected one new member to its Board of Directors:
- Mark Wainner, Senior Director, ASC Acquisition and Development at Community Health Systems
ASCA members have also reelected four incumbent Board members:
- Marie Edler, MPH, Chief Strategy Officer at Surgical Care Affiliates
- Amanda Hawkins, CASC, CAIP, Administrator at The Surgery Center of Charleston
- Gregg Miller, MD, Vice President, Operations at Fresenius Medical Care
- Dave Weinstein, MD, Consultant at the Surgical Center of the Rockies
Their terms started at the conclusion of the ASCA 2022 Conference & Expo on April 30.
ASCA Board members serve three-year terms, and ASCA bylaws require that at least one-third of its Board members be physicians. The ASCA members selected to serve on the ASCA Board also serve on the ASCA Foundation Board.
ASCA also recognizes the following Board members who were recently elected to officer positions on the Board:
- Amanda Hawkins, CASC, CAIP: President
- Joleen Harrison, RN, BSN, CASC: Vice President
- Tyler Marks, MD: Secretary
- Gary Richberg, RN, MSN, MBA, CMPE, CASC: Treasurer
Outgoing President Michael Patterson, MSN, FACHE, also remains on the Board as Immediate Past President. ASCA officers serve two-year terms.