June 3, 2020
ASCA congratulates the following ASCA members who were recently elected to serve on its Board of Directors beginning May 29, 2020:
- Lisa Austin, RN, CASC: (Evergreen, CO)
- Joleen Harrison, CASC: Administrative Director, Mankato Surgery Center (Mankato, MN)
- Gary Richberg, RN, BSN, MBA, CMPE, CASC: Director, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Kadlec Clinic (West Richland, WA)
- David Shapiro, MD: Consultant/Risk Manager, Red Hills Surgical Center (Tallahassee, FL)
ASCA Board members serve three-year terms, and ASCA bylaws require that at least one-third of its Board members be physicians. The ASCA members selected to serve on the ASCA Board also serve on the ASCA Foundation Board.
ASCA also recognizes the following Board members who were recently elected to officer positions on the Board beginning May 29, 2020:
- Michael Patterson, RN: President
- Janie Kinsey, RN, CASC: Vice President
- Lisa Austin, RN, CASC: Secretary
- Mark Wainner: Treasurer
Outgoing President Larry Taylor, CASC, also remains on the Board as Immediate Past President. ASCA officers serve two-year terms.