October 2, 2017
Make sure to mark your calendar for the following dates this month:
Sunday, October 1
Monday, October 2
Tuesday, October 3
- ASCA’s 2018 membership renewal cycle opens. Renew your ASC’s membership online or return the renewal form you receive in mid-October.
- Presentation from ASCA Director of Education & Clinical Affairs Gina Throneberry at 10:45 am ET during the OR Manager Annual Conference, October 2–4 in Orlando, Florida. ASCA is also exhibiting during the conference.
Tuesday, October 10
Wednesday, October 11
Thursday, October 12
Sunday, October 15–Saturday, October 21
Friday, October 20
- Panel discussion featuring ASCA CEO Bill Prentice at 8:45 am ET and joint session with ASCA Regulatory Counsel Kara Newbury and ASCA Director of Education & Clinical Affairs Gina Throneberry at 11:20 am ET during the 2017 New York Metro ASC Symposium in New York, New York.
Tuesday, October 24
Thursday, October 26–Saturday, October 28
Tuesday, October 31
Month of October
- Register for one of ASCA’s three 2018 Winter Seminars, January 11–13 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Take advantage of ASCA’s affinity partnerships by:
- The 2018 Medicare Final Rule is scheduled for release by November 1.
- On November 15, new Emergency Preparedness Requirements are implemented for 17 CMS-certified provider and supplier types, including ASCs. ASCs must complete several required activities before surveys beginning November 15, so ASCs that have not yet started their emergency preparedness activities should begin immediately.