February 3, 2015
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) recently published changes to its rules for the disposal of controlled substances, and these new requirements impact ASCs. Learn what your ASC needs to do to comply during ASCA's next webinar "The New DEA Disposal Regulations: What You Need to Know." This program will be offered Tuesday, February 10, at 1:00 pm ET.
Join Charlotte A. Smith, RPh, MS, senior regulatory advisor for WMSS PharmEcology Services, as she:
• Provides an overview of the DEA's new federal regulations on the disposal of controlled substances
• Defines terms in the rule that apply to controlled substances used in an ASC
• Discusses how these regulations may impact an ASC
• Differentiates between the requirements for the disposal of unused drug inventory (e.g., expired medication) and residual medication after administration (e.g., partial vial or IV)
• Explores whether ASCs should offer a consumer drug take-back program
Nursing continuing education and AEU credit is available, and multiple members of your staff can participate using the same online connection. Participate in the live broadcast to ask your questions real-time during the presentation. Register today.